Bookstore Return Policy
The last day to return books is as follows: (book must be returned in perfect condition)
All 15 week semesters
Books must be returned within the first 10 days of the semester in order to receive 100% refund, or within 5 days of the purchase receipt. Within 11-20 days the text may be returned for a 75% refund. After 20+ days no refunds.
All Other Semesters
Books must be returned within the first 5 days of the semester in order to receive 100% refund, or within 5 days of the purchase receipt; within 6-10 days the text may be returned for a 75% refund. After 10+ days no refunds.
- No return of bundled textbook packages in which the shrink wrap is broken, damaged, or missing. (The publisher will not issue credit unless the book is in its’ original shrink wrap with the publishers’ label on it.)
- No refund without the original sales receipt
- No refunds on reference books
- No refunds on exposed/damaged access codes or cd’s
- Refunds will be issued in the same method used for payment. If paid with cash the bookstore reserves the right to issue a mail check or apply credit to your campus card.
Bookstore Rental Textbook Policy
By accepting this rental textbook from the FDTC Bookstore you agree to the following:
- Return rental books before the close of business on the last day of finals. A late fee will be applied for any returns after this date. Unreturned rentals will be billed and a charge will be placed on the students’ college account equal to the retail price of a replacement textbook.
- Exercise reasonable care while this book is in your possession. Students are expected to protect rental books from damage of any kind. Failure to do so will result in replacement cost of a new textbook billed to the students’ account.
- Make no marks except limited highlighting. The textbook rental program depends on multiple circulations; it is important that markings in college-owned books be minimized
- No rental titles will receive full credit unless they are returned within 5 business days of the start of the term. Any books rented throughout the term or during finals cannot be returned for credit.